|I asked Oscar at Proto Express what files they need to fabricate a circuit board. He sent the following list. While I usually don't send the assembly drawing, I always make a fab drawing so the specifications are clear.
I once sent out for a board at Advanced Circuits and they had to call back to tell me their inside layers were 1/2 oz (at that time). This saved me some hassle, since I needed the thicker copper for heat dissipation. I don't always make a pdf of the fab, I just send it in Gerber format.
- Gerber Files (RS-274-X or RS-274-D format)
- All copper layers ( inner & outer)
- Solder mask layers
- Silkscreen/Legend layers
- Via plugging layers (if applicable)
- Solder paste layers (for board assembly)
- Aperture list if apertures are not embedded in the Gerber data (i.e. not using RS-274-X)