- Read the charges and look them up on the internet. Read all the applicable legal codes until you understand them better then the kernel.
- Do NOT hire a lawyer-- that is just paying the parasite class to sell you out, which is what they do every time. In addition, even if those stock options made you independently wealthy, not having a lawyer is certain to give you the image of the "little guy" getting beat up by a bully.
- Appear in Federal Court at the appointed time. Dress well, be respectful and act with a sense of guileless wonder-- something along the lines of: "What pretty mahogany paneling, I wonder what I'm doing here?"
- Plead not guilty, demand your right to an immediate jury trial and MOST IMPORTANTLY do not waive your right to a speedy trial. Politely explain to the judge that no pretrial hearings will be needed and that you would prefer to have the trial this week, but, next week is fine too.
- Just show up and tell the truth. Subpoena a few buddies if you want
to have a little party. (Ahh-- an invitation where they have to come,
now THAT's a party-- think about that cheerleader you had a crush on in
High School-- and just subpoena her as a character witness. It's kinda
like Erin Brokovitch meets the Big Chill.)